Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I've been told to blog.....

As a writer, one would assume I would jump at the chance to write. Which, normally, I would. Blogging, however is a little different. It's instantaneous; out there for everyone to read almost immediately. I must confess, that reality is a little daunting. I can't help but ask, "Why would anyone want to read a blog about me?" My answer is this- they wouldn't. So, I vow to make this blog not about myself as much as it is about my imagination. My stories. My  projects. The important and interesting stuff.
It has been suggested that I start a blog, get my name out there and network a bit. My first finished project, a kick butt crime thriller is being edited, and with any luck, my baby will be in black and white with a shiny new cover soon.
Even now, after having finished the writing and endless re-writes, I have butterflies in my stomach as I wait to hear thoughts on my writing from someone I've never met.
Will she see the characters as I intended? Can she visualize the Pacific Northwest as I've described it through out the book?
I can describe the feeling I have best by using this example; watching my daughter ride the bus off to school for the first time. I'm anxious and excited, but a little nervous and sad. Will her teachers understand her quirky sense of humor, will she behave like a little angel, or get herself sent to the principal's office on the first day?
Then there's the letting go. This child of mine has started a new chapter and I must admit, it was and is hard to put her in someone else's hands.
So, nearly two years of hard work and many, many words, has been passed on.
Welcome to my life of words.....
Lori

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what "the pros" would say but I think it is always hard to put your work before others. We question, as you did in the post, if they will see it the same way. I'm enjoying your first couple of posts and have a feeling your blogging will be just fine! Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete