Monday, November 8, 2010

The Waiting

Hurry up and wait, hurry up and wait. A watched pot never boils. Be careful what you wish for.
Sound familiar? Turns out these are only half right. Sometimes, I hurry up and I'm late (most always!). A watched pot may not boil right away, but if you let it get hot enough, science proves that it will in fact boil. Finally, most of my wishes, really don't come true, so why be careful? Right?

In general, I am an impatient person. I want it all right now! Years ago, a supervisor advised me to stop and smell the roses. Slow down, enjoy your life, blah, blah, blah. I probably should have listened to her closer. To this day I struggle with trusting the process much less allowing it to happen. This flub applies not only to my professional life such as writing, working etc, but my personal life as well. I want the house to just be magically clean without wasting my time to mop, vacuum or do laundry. I want to be able to be the perfect wife without putting too much effort in it! You get the picture.

I've waited two years to get back to work, praying every day for a job. NOT having a job, though, allowed for me to write a book and get started a few new projects too. Now, I want to see my work in book form like yesterday! Instead, I have to remind myself it's a process and if I did get my wish, it would probably be a disaster.

Currently, I'm waiting to hear about the second job I've interviewed for, which I would really like to have. I keep checking my proverbial pots known as my e-mail and my cell phone to make sure I haven't missed any important messages. It's kind of funny, how in the literal sense, those sayings are really laughable, but broken down, very wise and true. One last thing, you can't rush a good thing.... I guess while I'm not rushing God's plan and process, I can get busy and sit back, enjoy some coffee and be grateful.

Just sayin'
Till next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment