Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It is a small world after all!

As many of you know, I am a part of a wonderful writing group, rubbing cyber elbows with very talented writers. The down side to cyber elbow rubbing is that you may never meet the owners of said elbows. They live in Michigan, or Texas, Arizona and so on. You can imagine my excitement when I learned that one of the group members lives only a few miles away from me! Yeah! Her name is Lori as well.... so my excitement gained some momentum! 


Finally the day came for a long awaited coffee date. I had read a portion of her book Here All Alone, and was anxious to meet her personally. I had every reason to believe she would prove to be an exceptional lady. She did not disappoint, (and really, with her name being Lori, how could she?) We hit it off marvelously, laughed talked and it felt like we'd known each other for years.


It's really interesting to me to explore how other writers have gotten published, marketed and most of all how they get their support and linked in with a network. Along with my on-line author friends, I think having some face time with other writers is greatly needed. Aside from Lori, I have recently met another author that is just as excited to share ideas and support as well. 


Remember when just a few moments ago I mentioned it seemed like Lori and I had known each other for years? Well, it turns out we have. It seems like another life ago. We had met professionally and had done a couple of things socially and then life got in the way as it often does and we lost contact. I remember liking her immensely back then, and I'm happy to still like her as much now.


It surely is a small world. Sometimes it's fun to find out just how small.


That's all for now,
Till next time,
Lori~ 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so cool that you guys met each other and realized you had already met! That is a story in itself isn't it? How neat ya'll were able to get together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete